By George A. Olah,Thomas Mathew
- Chronicles the prestigious occupation of a chemist whose paintings in a huge variety of chemistry components, and so much significantly that during methane chemistry, resulted in applied sciences that impression the processing and application of other fuels
- Is in line with Olah's paintings on tremendous powerful superacids and the way they yielded the typical time period, "magic acids"
- Details occasions because the book of the 1st variation in 2000
- Inspires readers with info on Dr. Olah's profitable contemporary learn on methanol, meant to aid supply an answer to "the oil problem"
Read or Download A Life of Magic Chemistry: Autobiographical Reflections Including Post-Nobel Prize Years and the Methanol Economy PDF
Similar chemical & biochemical engineering books
In keeping with two decades of study and box event, this e-book collects an enormous quantity of data right into a convenient reference for mechanical and civil engineers. It specializes in 4 easy parts of grouting: load sporting potential of the root soil; mass layout, concrete combine and install, and curing techniques of the basis; anchor bolts; and the grout.
This booklet provides in one quantity the fundamental necessities of the houses and processing behaviour of plastics and composites. the purpose is to provide engineers and technologists a legitimate realizing of easy rules with out the creation of unduly advanced degrees of arithmetic or chemistry and thereby set plastics of their right context as engineering fabrics.
Reviews the Environmental, beauty, and Pharmaceutical functions of Bentonite ClayBentonite clay, of which participants of the smectite relatives of clay minerals are rather very important, has confirmed to be powerful in sealing off wastes from groundwater. Bentonite Clay: Environmental homes and functions explores the mineralogy of clays more often than not and of smectites specifically that symbolize difficult stipulations for geotechnical execs liable for earth dam development, the principles of roads and structures, and the long term isolation of chemical and radioactive wastes.
O primeiro quantity do Curso de Química para Engenharia surge em meio a um cenário conflitante: o Brasil ainda carece de profissionais qualificados capazes de levar ao sistema produtivo o conhecimento científico gerado no país; ao mesmo pace, foi a primeira nação a produzir álcool a partir da cana-de-açúcar; recentemente, logrou integrar o grupo dos países exportadores de petróleo; e, de modo paralelo, mantém em construção uma usina de energia nuclear.
- Science and Technology of Separation Membranes, 2 Volume Set
- Bioalcohol Production: Biochemical Conversion of Lignocellulosic Biomass (Woodhead Publishing Series in Energy)
- An Introduction to Dust Explosions: Understanding the Myths and Realities of Dust Explosions for a Safer Workplace
- Mechanical and Physico-Chemical Characteristics of Modified Materials: Performance Evaluation and Selection
- Biofuels Production
- Analytical Methods for Glycerol
Extra info for A Life of Magic Chemistry: Autobiographical Reflections Including Post-Nobel Prize Years and the Methanol Economy
A Life of Magic Chemistry: Autobiographical Reflections Including Post-Nobel Prize Years and the Methanol Economy by George A. Olah,Thomas Mathew